Tuesday, April 8, 2014

narratives

Family is easily the most important thing in my life. I am an only child and am extremely close to my parents. They are my best friends and support me through everything I do in life. We spend a lot of time with each other and can always count on one another. I am also very close with my extended family members, but my parents are the two people I am closest to.

Antipasto has been passed down through my family on my mom’s side and is made every year around Christmas time. My grandpa is in charge of making it right now and it will continue to get passed down from generation to generation. Antipasto consists of way to many ingredients to list them all but some are; onions, tomatoes, green olives, garlic, cheese, and anchovies. It is red colored and we dip lays potato chips in it and use it as a dip every year.

I have been dancing as long as I can remember and it takes up a huge portion of my life even today. I was on a competitive dance team throughout middle school and high school and now am on Eastern’s Competition Dance Team. We compete in Jazz, Hip-Hop, and Contemporary and perform at school functions.

My mom’s side of the family is originally from Germany. My grandpa has told me stories growing up about what it was like to grow up in Germany and passed down stories his dad has told him. I like to hear about how he grew up and how different it is from how I grew up. He has passed down traditions he celebrated in Germany and I would like to continue these.


 Birthdays have always been such a big deal growing up. I can remember having a huge birthday party every year with all my friends and family and everyone was in such a great mood, enjoying themselves. We always had a cake and ice cream with as many candles as what age I was turning that year. Everyone sang happy birthday and since my birthday was usually in the summer, we usually had a pool party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment